MKE Black is seeking two volunteers to join our executive team. Each position will require a 3-6 hour a week commitment, and has the opportunity to be compensated in the future.
Fundraising/Fund Development Specialist
- Researches and identifies opportunities to raise money for MKE Black.
- Facilitates and maintains connections to prospective donors
- Works with other team members to plan and execute fundraising events
Corporate Engagement Specialist
- Promotes MKE Black to corporate parties and facilitates the development of relationships/ sponsorship for MKE Black
- Facilitates connections between Black Owned Businesses (BOBs) and interested corporate (>50 employees) parties
- Develops materials/ training supplements to aid BOBs in Business 2 Business (B2B) engagement and development
- Maintains list of corporate partners interested in working with BOBs
Continuous Improvement Specialist
- Designs surveys for businesses and consumers to identify interest/ desires as MKE Black grows/ develops
- Engages with BOBs and diverse consumers one 2 one and in small groups to identify key interest/ opportunities to further develop
- Produces data summaries/ analysis to help in driving technological, partnership, outreach, and event actions of MKE Black
- Reviews MKE Black Events and identifies opportunities for improvements via root cause studies.
Cooperative Development Specialist
- Develops and provides educational materials and trainings about cooperatives
- Facilitates the development of cooperative businesses in Milwaukee
- Researches funding opportunities for new cooperatives
Business Development Specialist
- Researches/ Identifies resources to share with
- Consolidates data and feedback from business to develop next steps/ engagement plan.
- Schedules Group meetings with external businesses.
- Creates plans to engage individual businesses to identify needs
Integrated Technology Specialist
- Works with businesses to develop and integrate new technology
- Assists MKE Black and other businesses with creating and maintaining web presence
- Duties & projects as assigned by staff members that may include: event planning and producing, community outreach and technical assistance
Please send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org